It was only two (2) years ago when I truly know who really am. More than three decades of living a meaningless life. A waste of time for others, however, I am grateful that before my life was taken away by the Giver I was given the chance and for Him it’s not too late.
Before, I have a very shallow understanding of myself, most often, I described myself based on physical features, observation of others and biological roots. Neither have I made an effort also of taking time to engage in knowing one’s self.
I thought knowing and having answers of the basic questions, such as who your parents are, what you want to do every day and what your dreams are, is enough to live a happy and successful life but there’s more to it.
Science discusses the evolution of man which is contrary to the beginnings as discussed in the Book of Genesis in the Bible. But never did I question which is which is true though I believe there is God. I visited church often every Sunday since it’s a basic family Filipino practice but not ALL the time.
Every day I wake up do the usual household chores assign to me before going to school, eat, study, hang out with friends, get home and sleep. Same pattern of activities for two decades and it only change when I have graduated and get paid to work and another decades of same pattern of activities, wake up, eat, work, sleep. Though all these years since my adolescent years I carry my Bible with me and read it with the daily bread not knowing that I simply read it and discard afterwards.
And the time has come when I could no longer ignore that I am seriously bored, emptiness is creeping inside me and looking for something but don’t know what it is. Ironically, I am wondering why this happen this way when in fact I met, received and believed Jesus Christ as my personal saviour at the age of thirteen (13) years old.
Then one day, God orchestrated everything, when I said yes to His invitation of attending bible study with my officemates. That day is the BIG DAY for me and until now I never regretted it. I have reconciled with Him.
That day I was ashamed but accepted the truth that I am special creation of God, wonderfully made in His own image to be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.
God is the creator, the owner and controller of my life to fulfil the purpose of my existence. And most importantly He is my Father in Heaven.
Imagine...my Father is the creator of the universe...who breathed the life...
I AM NO ORDINARY. Indeed, I AM SPECIAL...with assignment to finish.
Knowing God more each day lead me to know myself better each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment